As a business owner, having my business at the highest level of cleanliness is #1. It is the unknown we are all trying hard to guard from. The health and safety of all my clients is my top priority. With the concerns and worry surrounding SARS-CoV-2 aka coronavirus aka COVID-19, I know you may have questions or concerns while visiting my business. I have created this outline to help cover this.
After doing much research and careful aforethought, conjoined with the State of Louisiana’s Health Department, Fire Marshall, and the CDC Required Guidelines, I have created this policy for not only a peace of mind and assurance, but most importantly to relieve any unnecessary stress or concern prior to your arrival to my business studio.
An important caveat to take away from this is this:
“Fear and stress decrease your immune system. Just be wise and take precautions, even when others are not.”
I know we all look forward to the day where we can sit in the relaxing waiting area catching up on life, enjoying snacks or Espressos. These days will return. But until then, we must all do what we can to not only protect each other, most importantly those who are who are more vulnerable, and those we don’t know.
Everyday I will be cleaning and sanitizing my studio using an EPA Approved agent & UV-C Sterilization Equipment that quickly kills the Human SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19 or Corona Virus to all areas mentioned below and many additional areas not listed. This will be done every day before opening, at closing, before and after every client visit.
- Front & back door both inside and outside
- Every doorknob/handle, light switch, electrical plug (if used or touched)
- Bathrooms will be completely sanitized before opening, at closing, and after every client, including the toilet flush handle, etc.
- Desk will be wiped down with EPA approved cleaners
- Credit card machine, computer keyboards, phone, pens, etc.
- Common area surfaces, racks, shelves, tables, chairs, etc.
- All equipment that is to be used with clients will be thoroughly sanitized and sterilized to include beds, tools used, chairs, mirrors, medical equipment, all Makeup and tools, Microblading, etc. Many will be single use, but if needed, sterilization will be done of items used that are not of single use.
- Magazines, retail literature, service menu’s, etc. will no longer be available in the waiting area.
CENLA Beauty, LLC Policies for all clients both in-studio services & offsite
- All services needed or requested will be by appointment only until it is appropriate to do otherwise
- A deposit will be required via website to secure a booking
- Sadly, snacks will no longer be served. But I can offer bottled water in lieu of.
- I also can no longer allow casual entry into the business. An appointment will have to be booked online or by calling my studio
- No more than 1 client at a time inside the studio or in designated off-site location, unless distancing is practiced and the area of the location is large enough
- At the time of your arrival, you can wait in your vehicle either in front of the business or in the rear of the business. Exterior waiting areas shall be arranged to not block the Entrance/Exit with strict social distancing should be adhered to according to State Guidelines.
- Upon arriving at the studio for your pre-booked appointment, call me at 318-704-5881 and let me know you have arrived
- I will then let you know it is great to come in, or I will call you right back and let you know when it's ok to come in
- Prior to entering the studio, mask and gloves will be required. If you do not have them, I will provide them to you and will incorporate the cost of the items into the service which will be an additional $3.00 USD. Unfortunately due to the now high cost of these items, I am having to do this
- There will be hand sanitizer available when you come in, which will need to be done before any paperwork is completed
- I will then check your temperature using a contactless thermometer; but if temperature is above 100.4°F; we can quickly reschedule another time, this is more of a precautionary method
- After checking your temperature, there will be a sign-in log and a short medical questionnaire. All medical information provided will be kept safe in a locked cabinet and will not be shared except in certain mitigating circumstances.
- Once the above is done, I will tell you where the bathroom is and it would be greatly appreciated if you would wash hands using warm water & soap for 20 seconds before any services start
- Once done, this is when the relaxing fun really begins and we will go to the designated service room where services can get started. This is most the exciting part!!
- For Coughing & Sneezing, I felt that just a little reminder that when you feel either one coming on, quickly cover your mouth & nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and throw the used tissue in the trash immediately; or If you don’t have a tissue, cough or sneeze into your elbow, NOT your hands. We can quickly sanitize if needed
Off-Site Makeup Applications
- Prior to the start of the service, I will need to check your temperature. Much like above procedure when you come to my studio. I will also need to have the short medical questionnaire competed also
- For location set-up and Makeup Application; See Contract terms for requirements of needed areas to give you the best application possible. See Section 8 for Service Location Requirements
- Only 1 client will be allowed in the room where services are taking place at a time unless the area is large enough where distancing can be practiced
- Prior to starting, it is important we all wash our hands, then the fun really starts, music is a plus also!!
- All makeup and tools will be provided by me so you won't need to worry about anything. * If there are special circumstances where you require me using specific products from your personal stock, I will require you to bring a new unopened package of this item. No exceptions. I'm sorry for this, but it is for the assurance that all sanitary precautions are taken
- Photographers: She/He is absolutely welcome in the Get Ready Room, for these are really special moments. We just have to remember social distancing for the time being
- Lastly, all brushes, tools, makeup, etc. will be pre-packaged individually for each client. This is especially important for Wedding Ceremonies where there are several party members, it also keeps things nice and clean until its time
I understand that these new policies may feel really strict and inconvenient, but what is paramount is the safety of all. But in order for my business to be open during these difficult times, I was mandated to implement these policies so I can be there for you when you need my services. I greatly appreciate your understanding, for it has been difficult for me too.
Prior to the start of service:
Prior to the start of the service, full remaining payment must be made via the Dubsado payment method through your client portal which was created at the time of booking and paying deposit. Please refer to Section 5 of the Contract.
Underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of serious COVID-19 for individuals of any age.
- Blood disorders (e.g., sickle cell disease or on blood thinners)
- Chronic kidney disease as defined by your doctor. Patient has been told to avoid or reduce the dose of medications because
kidney disease, or is under treatment for kidney disease, including receiving dialysis
- Chronic liver disease as defined by your doctor. (e.g., cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis) Patient has been told to avoid or reduce the dose of medications because liver disease or is under treatment for liver disease.
- Compromised immune system (immunosuppression) (e.g., seeing a doctor for cancer and treatment such as chemotherapy or radiation, received an organ or bone marrow transplant, taking high doses of corticosteroids or other immunosuppressant medications, HIV or AIDS)
- Current or recent pregnancy in the last two weeks
- Endocrine disorders (e.g., diabetes mellitus)
- Metabolic disorders (such as inherited metabolic disorders and mitochondrial disorders)
- Heart disease (such as congenital heart disease, congestive heart failure and coronary artery disease)
- Lung disease including asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (chronic bronchitis or emphysema) or other chronic conditions associated with impaired lung function or that require home oxygen
- Neurological and neurologic and neurodevelopment conditions [including disorders of the brain, spinal cord, peripheral nerve, and muscle such as cerebral palsy, epilepsy (seizure disorders), stroke, intellectual disability, moderate to severe developmental delay, muscular dystrophy, or spinal cord injury].